>

Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Ohana

Ohana, if you don't know what it means, it's "family" in hawaiian. I moved a lot as a kid, traveling the world, though it didn't phase me a bit. I loved it and i was used to it. I was closest to my parents and my brothers because thats all we had moving around. We are the first to give each other the hardest time and also the first to be there for one another. It has always been a major blessing for me. So when i married and had my own child, i knew that family strength was exactly what i wanted to share with my very own family.
Justin and i had no idea some of the adventures we'd face, when we started our life together both difficult and enriching. A lot of it, finding our place for our own family. Today we have so much family, some we didn't know exsisted till last august. Family ties that we didn't expect, that are some of our strongest today.
My auntie told me once" if you have family out there anywhere, your loved by somebody."
It meant a lot to me, because i know i have felt that love always. I think being Hawaiian to me, always meant having great love and being a family. It didn't matter if your blood or not.
I'm grateful everyday for my wonderful ohana.

3 comments:

Mandie said...

Let's see if this works!

Sherri Spencer said...

I love your picture!

Carly Raso said...

Somer I'm glad I'm part of your family now. btw I love this all of the entries
:)