>

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Finals are done!

Now that finals are done, I feel like I have some time to breath! This semester was a tough one for me but I'm glad I stuck it out. Here's my final portfolio for my photography class, one of my favorite classes. I chose to do light painting photography (aka using lights like flashlights to draw out your photo). Anyways, I had never done it before and wanted to try it out for myself. Thanks to all my helpers, I couldn't have done it without your help. It just seemed like a waste to put so much effort into this project and have no one see it, so take a look and enjoy!
Also, a little about the project. Each picture correlates to a saying about the home.
My whole theme surrounded the home and my photos are my interpretation of those sayings.

I live in my house as I live in my skin: I know more beautiful, more ample, more sturdy and more picturesque skins but it would seem unnatural to exchange them for mine.
Primo Levi
If I were asked to name the chief benefit of a house, I should say: The house shelters day-dreaming, the house protects the dreamer, the house allows one to dream in peace.
Gaston Bachelard

Home is where you truly believe


They are the happiest, be the king or peasant, who find peace in their hands.
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts to build a home.


Home is where we love- home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.
Oliver Wendell Holmes


Home is where we are free to create who we are.


No comments: