Being a mom was a whole new experience for me, I discovered so much more about myself and just the little surprises life has to offer. I worried i wouldn't know what to do when he arrived, but it all just seem to fall into place. I hadn't realized how i had been preparing myself to be a parent during my pregnancy. From the first time i saw his beautiful face and heard him cry, it all become so real to me. To instantly love someone with all your heart. I remember just wanting to hold him and stare at him all the time. I want so much to teach him everything i know because i love watching him learn each day. His curiosity and innocence, is so fascinating for me. Now almost two and chatting away with a few coherent words here and there along with mumbles. Climbing up this, into that, finding nic nacs all over, making a mess....i love it. He knows most animals and their sounds, he's learning his colors, objects around the house, numbers... everything is a fun learning experience.
Lately Ikaika has been using stop and no often. He's learned these are two effective words when he doesn't want me to do something such as put away his toys or walk away. Sometimes it's pretty funny. He's definitely showing us his personality, likes and dislikes more and more each day.
I love this little boy more than anything!
1 comment:
Your description of becoming a mother is perfect. What an amazing experience. Then as more children come your love doesn't divide, but it expands. Enjoy every moment!
Post a Comment