>

Friday, September 5, 2008

What a beautiful life...


I miss my grandma and my papa all the time. Now that i finally live in hawaii, i can't help but miss that they aren't here physically, to teach me the things they know, talk with me...Their lives were full of purpose and meaning. Their greatest gift they shared with us all, their love and even just as special they gave this amazing legacy to pass down to our children. How proud i am to be their granddaughter. Family loyalty and love is key. You better believe this family wants the best for you. We're hard on each other when we need to be but man, the love is so much stronger than anything.


I see the way this family lives now, my aunties, uncles and cousins. Their feircely loyal to one another, you definitly know they got your back. No strings attached and if one falls, they wont stand by to see how far you can dig yourself down before saying anything. You of course, need to do your own work but if you need anything, I've never seen them turn their back.
My grandma, if you knew her, she had a way of making you feel like you were her favorite person. It was just the way she was. Her heart was so caring and full of love. And man could she cook! She could put anything together and make it delicious! She worked hard, she had so much energy and life in her. She went back to college in her seventies, took care of my grandpa after he suffered his stroke, tended her garden and she never complained.
My Papa, was always there, if you needed him. He loved to tease you and make you laugh. He loved his family so much. I still remember his laugh and smile. Anything that needed to be done, he did it, no strings attached.
I love them so much and miss them all the time. I am blessed to have them as an example to me.

No comments: